Tuesday, August 30, 2011

To sew, or not to sew, that is a SILLY question!

I am a huge fan of the disappearing nine patch. I did as directed with 6 inch blocks rather than 5 inch, and sewed 9 blocks in 3 rows of 3.

These are the squares of the 8 fabrics that I am using.


And here are a few nine patch blocks all sewn together... and cut up!

And the way that you twist the blocks around makes it look rather fancy:



There is a whole lot of color going on here, and I'm not quite sure whether to try to tone it down or to just go for it. I'm thinking just go for it! This is supposed to be a FUN quilt. I still have 5 more nine patches to sew together and cut apart.

So far, I am a big fan. What new blocks and/or patterns have you tried lately?

And then will be the fun part of trying to fit everything together without the same colors touching too much. That's when my over-particular self wins out.

Happy Tuesday, everybody!

4 comments:

  1. I've had my eye on this pattern as well. It looks quite fun. What size are your finished blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Including seam allowances:

    Your nine patch is 17 inches square
    After cutting, each quarter is 8 and a half inches, so finished it is an 8 inch block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The number one thing I am excited about is the minimal corner matching. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!