Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fall Back

I spent my extra hour sewing.

Duh.

I've made a lot of progress on my Secret Window quilt!

Friday I finished part one and started some of the cutting before I realized that it was way too late to be using a rotary cutter. Yesterday, I made all of my four patch + half square triangle diamond-looking blocks. You start with your four patches:


...and then you make them all fancy-like with the triangles:


Forgive me for not trimming them up yet.

I am halfway done making the star points:



Note to self: Do not like templates and cutting. Must learn to foundation piece.

Although I didn't really want to foundation piece this, as it would use more fabric and I am going to see if I can squeeze out enough of the tan and white print to make the quilt square instead of rectangular. We'll see.

So the goal of the week is therefore to finish up all my star points and put the star blocks together. The uber goal would be to also get the whole quilt top done. Like that's gonna happen.

Happy Sunday to you all!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!