Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday Fun-day

Yesterday I continued to admire my place mats. I went to a class in the afternoon at the local quilt shop and learned how to make these super cute napkins:


So now I need to get to work making the rest of them (7 to go!)

Last night, I finished all of my star points, finally.


So then I had  to start getting the stars put together. And I finished them all.


Something I'd like to say about this pattern in general. It may look pretty complicated, but doing it step-by-step definitely breaks it down into manageable sections that even a chemistry graduate student can fit into her schedule. You could really get it done in a matter of days if you really wanted. The matching was a lot easier than I expected as well. I've done a number of projects with an excessive amount of matching, and there was hardly any taking out and restitching. And I'm a huge fan of that.

I laid out all my finished blocks out on my floor and have been admiring it since.


Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. WOW! I love your colors... The finished project is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that's pretty. Can you share the pattern source?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the napkins, and the quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt is very pretty. I like that color combo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!