Sunday, December 4, 2011

Making headway

Thursday night I got all of my cutting finished for my Seville quilt.




But, as I'm slowly realizing, I have ten zillion other projects that are already all half started. So I put all the pieces of this in a box until I get at least two other things finished.


Friday night I actually didn't do any sewing but I did get my Christmas tree all decorated! 


Yesterday I made a quick trip to Joann and got a few fabrics on clearance for stashing and some variegated thread to quilt some potholders. They turned out pretty cool, the colored thread doesn't show up quite as much as I thought because the fabrics are the exact colors as the thread for the most part. But something different to try and to practice machine quilting. They definitely aren't thick enough to use for uber hot things, but I can at least use them to put my TV dinners on. Just the hand binding to go!


I also started on my pink/purple/blue snowballs. That is, I took some of them and whacked them into quarters:


So once I get a few finished, I will show you what the plan is! Stay tuned!

Other than that, I've just been enjoying my electric blanket and finishing up my Christmas cards to send this week.

Happy Sunday sewing!

1 comment:

  1. You sure have been busy cutting! I really like your hotpads, I thought about making placemats to practice machine quilting but I like your idea better. Your tree is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!