Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bit by Bit

After 5 days of being home from my whirlwind trip out to Colorado for a friend's wedding, I am finally back in the sewing swing of things. It didn't help much that I took a red eye flight back on Monday morning and got back to my town at 9 AM. I went home and slept until 4 PM.

This week and into this morning, I finished up my Nubees blocks for August.


I really liked this pattern a lot when I found it on Quilter's Cache, but I did have some hesitations about picking a rather intricate block. The first time I tried to make the angled blocks that end up looking like chevrons, it was a complete disaster. But, of course, by the time I got the last ones done, I can churn them out rather quickly and much more accurately.

Now I need to make one of my own!

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job, Alison. Really! It's interesting how the same block can look so different just because of the color choices.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!