Friday, January 30, 2015

Little Finish -- Happy Hearts Mini

I finished another little mini monthly wall hanging for my office! And I got it done just in time to hang it up for February!

Like its "mama bear" wall hanging that will get hung up at our apartment this weekend, this one has hot pink outer blocks and light pink inner blocks.


Instead of doing one large patchy heart, I decided to do three smaller hearts in red.

For the quilting, I did FMQ with simple diagonally directed loop-de-loops.


This one also has a mini-sleeve for hanging. I use an unsharpened pencil to hang it (and it's snowman friend) on two push pins on my bulletin board.

Its 9.5" by 12.5" finished!

For those of you interested in the Quilter's Choice Quilt Along for this year -- the information is available on the "QCQAL -- Row Quilt Edition" Tab or you can pop over to Craftsy and download the info sheet for free! It includes directions on how to pre-cut your sashing strips from yardage so you won't have to piece them!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely miniquilt!! Love the colors and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Alison, What a lovely mini quilt! The colours of the outer blocks are really luscious.

    Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks!

    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!