Monday, January 18, 2016

Finished Taffy Quilt

Another cuddly baby quilt finished!

I quilted this whole quilt in one sitting last weekend and just finished up the binding last night while we watched football.

Here it is pre- quilting, post-pinning:


And here it is all finished!


For the quilting, I did free motion swirls all over the quilt. The scale ended up being slightly smaller than I originally intended, but I am very happy with the quilting, nonetheless. Here's the front and back post-quilting, in the middle of finishing the binding yesterday:


Since I didn't have enough strips left over from the jelly roll to bind the quilt, I bound it with some green vine yardage in my stash -- I am pretty sure it is from the Honey Honey line.


And as usual, I backed with flannel -- this time I used grey since I was having a hard time finding a green or blue that went well with these fabrics.

This one is in the mail to it's rightful owner!

Quick Stats:
Pattern: adapted from Salt Water Taffy baby quilts on Moda Bake Shop
Size: 39 x 52 inches
Fabric: jelly roll of Road 15 by Sweetwater
Backing: grey snuggle flannel
Quilting: Swirls in off white thread
Binding: green vine from Honey Honey

Linking up at Fabric Tuesday and Finish it up Friday!

7 comments:

  1. Very cute finish. When you use flannel for backing, do you prewash it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alison, I saw your intriguing Taffy Quilt on Blossom Heart Quilts. I worked out the design on graph paper, using four blocks. I tried rotating two of the blocks so the "loose ends" are next to those of the neighboring block. Then I used two colors for each frame around the center four-patches, and continued those same two colors for all the frames, "weaving" them in and out. So many possibilities! Keep on quiltin'. Cwoosley12@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Saw your quilt on Quilt Story. Sweet little baby quilt. The swirl pattern quilting was a good choice. Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable. great job. micki@2dogsstudio.us

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute finish! Great balance on the front, and I love flannel backings! Sooo snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the very cute finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great! And I love flannel for the backing too: it makes it so cozy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!