Thursday, January 7, 2016

January OMG {One Monthly Goal}

Since A Lovely Year of Finishes has ended, Heidi at Red Letter Quilts has created a new incarnation of the goal setting party called One Monthly Goal -- OMG for short!

This month my OMG is to put together the top for my Midnight Mystery Quilt!

Here's what my finished block looks like!


I actually have a lot of extra fabric, so I am considering making a few more blocks to make it rectangular instead of square -- I would need three more blocks to do that and I'm pretty sure that I can do that with what I have left. I am going to lay it all out and look at it for a few  days to be sure!

Here's Cheryl's diagram of the finished quilt!


Linking up with OMG!

6 comments:

  1. So, I had this wild idea to either make more blocks or add some borders to get this baby up to queen size...but I just don't think I have the fabric to support it, and I don't want to buy more but I really like mine and want it for my bed...ugh. TOO HARD. That being said, I LOVE your blocks, I'm excited to see your top finished, and this OMG business is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of this goal setting party so I'll need to check it out. I'm working on my mystery quilt as well. I planned from the beginning to make mine a queen size (so I had to peek to make sure I had enough fabric). I have a lot more blocks to put together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my goal for the month as well, except that I've got TONS of catch-up to do to get to this point :D They're great looking blocks, aren't they?

    I'm not sure I'd want to cut/sew that much more fabric for it, but I can so see the value in making it rectangular - I always prefer rectangular quilts over square ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blocks! I am a little behind (no, way behind) on the Midnight Mystery! I'll make that my February OMG! Can't wait to see yours come together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how your block turned out. I'm behind on this one, but hopefully will get caught up before the final linky party in March.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!