Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Stitched Stars

I've been able to make a little bit of progress over the last week on quilting my star quilt -- two more completed! Last week I did the two stars on the "left" side of the quilt.


Left column #2
Outer star: A combination of Shadow Waves and Striated Earth



Left column #3
Center star: Lightning Bolt
Outer Star: Mussel Shell

This week while I've been snowed in, I got one more large star done.


Right column #3
Center star: Pointsettia
Outer Star: Originally invisioned this as Sea Algae but it ended up more like Cucumber Vine

These patterns were all fun to do! The lightning blot gives some very fun texture and it might be fun to try it on a little larger scale. I'm getting a little burned out on all of that pebbling so I've had to take some breaks from it. The next section I will be working on are 8 small stars.

Linking up at WIP Wednesday and Let's Bee Social!

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, these are fabulous! Blocks within blocks are so unique. Pebbling definitely takes a lot out of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you are making each block unique with the quilting, I think it will be really great texture and detail when it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all the different stars, lovely colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The combo of Shadow waves and Striated Earth in the first star gives me an idea for a block I've been puzzling about how to quilt. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilting. I love quilting Stars. You can have so much fun with them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice quilting! I can see where the pebbling would get old in a hurry. But you've made good progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!