Monday, January 11, 2016

Weekend Sew In.

My husband is currently out of town on business so I have had the whole apartment to myself since Friday and as such I have turned the living room into a semi-permanent sewing studio until he gets back on Wednesday, so I have lots to share this week!

Since Yvonne was nice enough to "hive crash" and make me a pineapple block  so I hive crashed back and made her a block!


She wrote a GREAT tutorial so check it out! I cannot wait to see her finished quilt!

I also started a new project using some of the strips I collected in the 2.5 inch strip swaps I hosted two or three years back. I had quite a few strips that were from Dear Stella's Lanikai line -- but mainly the larger prints. 

I picked a pattern out of Scrap Basket Surprises -- Summer Breeze -- and started to work! I was able to get all of the rail fence blocks completed and started cutting for the pinwheel blocks as well. 


I don't plan to do the outer borders as this pattern instructs since I don't have enough fabric to do so! It will end up 40 x 48 without a border, so I think that's a pretty good baby quilt size!

And of course, Clara was on high alert as official quilt inspector.


Happy Monday!

Linking up with Sew Cute Tuesday and Fabric Tuesday!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like we had similar weekends! I LOVE your block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clara is adorable! Your blue fabrics are wonderful and will make a fabulous edition of Summer Breeze. Quilt on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a part of the strip exchange, and I included those Dear Stella fabrics. I went through my stash and I have 5 different fabrics from that line left and the size is between a fat quarter and a half yard for each. Contact me if you're interested in a stash exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you made the most of your alone time. Those strip fabrics are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is amazing how much gets done when everyone is gone. Great start on the new quilt. Looks like you will be able to get it done in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!