Monday, February 22, 2016

Rainbow Mini Swap Progress

When last I posted about the progress for my mini for the Rainbow Mini Swap R2, This is what my blocks looked like:


I was thinking originally I would do eight giant hexies -- red, orange, yellow, green, teal, blue, purple, and pink. But then I realized that would be slightly too large, I decided to go with just red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple.

Here's the top all together:


This was actually surprisingly simple to put together. From the first picture, I trimmed off the extra grey so that each one became a true hexie and then sewed them all together in rainbow order around a center plain grey hexie.

Here's the mini quilted. It's hard to see the quilting in the first picture, but easier to see in the close up of the center.



I only quilted in the grey areas and each of the 6 colors' sections is quilted with a different design:
Red: flames
Orange: stipples
Yellow: loops
Green: echo bubbles
Blue: curls
Purple: zig-zags

Now I need to decide how to finish it and add a sleeve. I'm not sure if I should add more grey fabric around the edges to make it square or a large hexie, or if I should leave it with all of the corners. I like it as is and think I can easily bind it as is, but I am not sure what my partner would like! She's been silent on Instagram so I'm slightly concerned.

Sharing at the normal places!
Fabric Tuesday
Sew Cute Tuesday

8 comments:

  1. I think it is really fun in the shape it is in. Having a silent partner is scary, I hope they love it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lovely blend of colour shades. Who could help but love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the colors on that grey. This made a beautiful mini! Lucky partner your have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful mini! I think the grey just sets the colors off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous ..... if I was your partner I would like it to stay the shape it is ;) I too have a silent partner .... it makes it quite difficult to gauge what they would like but then I just decided to go with what I would like instead!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done! Very bright and fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!