Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Marigold Mini {Finished}

I think I finally understand why mini quilts are so addicting, guys. Also, I really love how easy they are to quilt. :)

My June IBA project is now complete -- and ready to hang up!



As I planned, I quilted with peach thread in the flowers, green thread in the leaves, and off-white thread in the background. I quilted feathers in the leaves, meanders in the flowers, and loops in the background.



The backing is also from the new Bonsai collection from Island Batik. I used two of the "rainbow" floral prints and since I had two half yard cuts, I had to piece the back. The binding is the lighter green fabric that I used in the leaves.


(PS. it is not as wobbly as a couple of these pictures suggest, the grass hill, while beautiful and green, is not exactly flat!)

Now to hang this on my wall!


Quilt Stats:
Pattern: Adapted from Pen and Paper Patterns' Marigold quilt
Size: 22 inches square
Techniques: curved piecing with templates, machine applique, free motion quilting
Quilting: various FMQ patterns
Binding: double fold, straight grain binding

Sharing at Let's Bee Social, Free Motion Mavericks, and Finish It Up Friday!

14 comments:

  1. Love everything about this finish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The feathers you quilted on the leaves are perfection! What a lovely mini quilt and finish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mini came out so beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great fabric collection - thanks for including the link. Love your fabric choices and the feather quilting on the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Won't that be fun to hang on the wall for Summer! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so darling! I love the feathers in the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, mini's could be very addicting, and when you quilt them, you realize just how much work it is to maneuver a large quilt! Oh, the control with a mini! I especially like how you quilted your leaves. I know what you mean about ripply grass distorting pictures. I just took photos on our lawn, which hadn't been mowed for a bit due to too much heat to be working outside. I like the natural look, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. immediate satisfaction, well pretty quick anyway

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Alison,

    Love the colours! Minis are very addictive - it's such fun trying out ideas and techniques on a small scale.

    Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks. Your quilt is this week's featured project!

    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!