Monday, July 17, 2017

Beaching {Amanda's Mini}

Like many of you, my sister Amanda is doing the block of the week associated with the Quilter's Planner this year. She has lots of neat blocks that she has made and she has made a few that she wanted to turn into mini quilts instead of being part of a larger quilt.

I volunteered to free motion quilt one of them for her, this is a block from a month or so back:


The lady-suit is fussy cutting perfection, guys. Like nearly perfect down to the thread level. Instead of quilting it with a filler, I outlined all of the flowers and a lot of the leaves on the suit. It was rather time consuming, but it turned out amazing! Here is a close up of when I finished the flowers:


(I think that's pretty good for a phone picture snapped with the light of a sewing machine!)

In the white sections of the lady-suit I quilted loops, and then the man's suit is quilted with orange thread in a meander. It's not often that you have a reason to use orange thread and the thread matched the orange solid perfectly so I basically was obligated to use it!


The backing that I used was an additional fat quarter of lady-suit print my sister gave me to use. I also used it for the binding.


A fun quick project to distract me from all of the things on my WIP list! Have a happy Monday, and don't forget to stock up on Kona while our sale continues!

Sharing at Linky Tuesday, Let's Bee Social, and Needle and Thread Thursday!

10 comments:

  1. This is adorable! That lady suit!!! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing that block the week it was made; it really is a stunning use of fussy cutting. Your quilting for the mini compliments it so nicely and it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to your sister for the fussy cutting and you for the quilting. Really clever idea.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable block! Fantastic job on the quilting and picking out the perfect designs to quilt. --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great block - love the work you and your sister have done on this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun! The lady suit is perfect, the quilting works so very well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun finish! That really is great fussy cutting. Well done to both of you!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!