Friday, December 1, 2017

Brutal Honesty {December 2017}

We're less than a month from Christmas! I think that I've fully recovered from Thanksgiving but I am still not quite ready to break down and wear my winter coat yet.

These were my goals for November:

1. Finish quilt for Moda Bake Shop - Quilt is finished and will be published soon!
2. Start December IBA project - The project is well on its way and I'll be posting about it next week!
3. Start quilting Blue in Bloom Quilts - The green version is about 50% done!

I reorganized my list into categories to help me keep better track of what stage is project is in. I kept the continuous numbering and included pictures of what I worked on in the last month. I started two new projects but I am potentially going to be finishing at least 4 of the quilts on this list before the end of the year!

Being long-arm quilted:
1. Farmer's Wife Quilt (RSC 2016 project) -- Quilting is done, need to pick up while at my parents' house over the holidays and bind. My plan is to prep my binding before I go, borrow my mom's machine to stitch on the binding to the front, and hand stitch the binding to the back.
2. Gathering Mystery Quilt with Cora's Quilts -- Still at the quilter, but hoping that I can pick this up over the holidays. Will likely prep the binding for this quilt too before I go home.

Ready to be quilted:
3. Top Spin -- Top complete, need to decide on backing. I might have enough large pieces in my stash.
4. Summer on the Coast Quilt -- Top complete and backing purchased. Not high priority.
5 and 6. Blue in Bloom quilts -- Both quilts layered with batting and backing and ready to quilt, have to finish before December 15th!

Tops partially finished:
7. Traveling Quilt Bee (2016) -- My sister has this quilt to add on a section of her choosing.
8. Coast to Coast Bee -- All of my April Showers fabric has arrived so I am ready to start working on this once I finish a few other things.
9. Romantic Garden Quilt -- No progress
10. Monthly Wall Hangings -- No progress

Just blocks:
11. Pineapple Stash Bee Blocks -- No progress
12. Sew Kitschy Blocks -- No progress
13. Mini Monthly Wall Hangings -- No progress
14. Happy Houses blocks -- All blocks complete, ready to start assembling quilt top
15. Birthstone blocks -- No progress
16. Donuts quilt -- I have 10 of 18 block sets completed. I need to make more light blue, teal, and green blocks.


Quilt alongs and long term projects
17. Magnolia Mystery QAL -- All done with our November assignment and ready to work on the December section when the directions are released on the 7th.


18. Monthly Island Batik Ambassador projects -- November was our off-month. I started my table runner for December and will be posting about that soon.
19. On Ringo Lake Mystery QAL -- Clue #2 was released on Friday and I did all of the cutting over the weekend. I made a few test units and hope to finish the rest before Clue #3 comes out this Friday.


My goals this month are just finishing quilts!
1. Finish both Blue in Bloom quilts
2. Finish Farmer's Wife quilt
3. Decide if I want any quilts long-arm quilted in Michigan and prepare backings

Have a wonderful weekend! I'll be patiently waiting for Clue #2 of On Ringo Lake and continuing to work on quilting the Blue in Bloom quilts!

7 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing the Blue in Bloom quilts finished this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your finishes! I'm excited to see what you did for Moda Bake Shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how many things you have going on at once! And here I thought balancing 5 projects is hard. You must be super organized :) The pictures of the blocks you have done look super promising, and I can't wait to see the finished quilt for each!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you finish many projects this month. As for me, it is all I can do not to start new ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo...my list looks like this. And yesterday, I find myself *almost* starting a new project that has no intended recipient. Usually, I have self-control when it comes to that sort of thing, but the siren call of this one is strong! Good luck, friend. I know you're going to slay December!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done a great job of keeping a lot of things moving. It's hard to get to everything each month, especially when there's a big holiday at the end. Happy stitching this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sound a lot like me!!! LOL
    Love your Magnolia flowers! I think tomorrow is another clue!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!