Thursday, March 1, 2018

Brutal Honesty {March 2018}

March is here! I'm going on vacation in six days (hooray) and have exciting things to share this month, including two of the secret sewing projects I have been working on! I hope that you've been thinking about joining in our Blocked Rainbow QAL -- less than three weeks to go until kick-off!

I did finish my goal to finish my Gathering Quilt (hooray!) but I didn't start working on my Traveling Quilt Bee quilt yet.

Being long arm quilted:
1. Summer on the Coast Quilt -- Sent top and backing fabric with mom to be long arm quilted
2. On Ringo Lake Mystery QAL -- Still needs backing but also sent to be long arm quilted

Ready to be quilted:
3. Traveling Quilt Bee (2016) -- Need to get a batting
4. Magnolia Mystery QAL -- Need to pick a backing fabric

Tops partially finished:
5. Bonnie and Camille Coast to Coast Bee -- No progress
6. Romantic Garden Quilt -- No progress
7. Monthly Wall Hangings -- No progress

Just blocks:
8. Pineapple Stash Bee Blocks -- No progress
9. Sew Kitschy Blocks -- No progress
10. Mini Monthly Wall Hangings -- No progress
11. Happy Houses blocks -- No progress
12. Birthstone blocks -- No progress
13. Donuts quilt -- I have 13 of my 18 blocks completed!


Quilt alongs in progress and long term projects:
14. Monthly Island Batik Ambassador projects -- My February projects were minis! March's theme is trying a new technique and I am excited to share about that next week!



15. Breezy Blooms C2C Bee -- I worked on Audrey's quilt and mailed it to Stephanie last week! I'll be working on Chelsea's quilt in March and April.


16. Top Secret Sewing -- Just plugging away on these projects!

New projects started:
17. Blocked Rainbow Quilt -- this is my version of the quilt for the quilt along starting on March 19th! I'll be making a second version of this quilt in twin sized!


My goal for March will be to start working on the quilting for my TQB quilt and to make some progress on at least one of the projects that has said "No progress" for months!

Happy Friday -- don't forget to join the HBD Facebook Group and to like us on Facebook! We're only 7 likes away from 900 -- and when we get there, we'll have a $9 pattern special!

4 comments:

  1. That’s a lot of quilting! Enjoy your vacation - I’m sure you’ll comeback refreshed and full of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun on your vacation!! All of those projects... shew... you are keeping yourself from getting bored - ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a really great February, it is a short month after all. Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!